.Ethiopia is the only country in Africa that resisted colonization
• Ethiopia is the only nation that has the fastest growing airline in Africa
• Ethiopians eat raw meat thus uncooked meat, this is one of their delicacies.
• Ethiopia is the only nation that doesn’t go by the Gregorian Calendar
• Ethiopia has 13 months in a year.
• The Ethiopian calendar is 7- years behind, so as we are in 2019, when you go to Ethiopia now, they’re in 2012.
The year 2001 began in Ethiopia on September 11, 2008
Each month in the calendar has 30 days except the 13th month, which is referred to as *PAGUME* has 5 or 6 days depending on whether it’s a leap year or not.
• September is the first month in the Ethiopian calendar and it’s referred to as *MASKARAM*
• The blue Nile runs through Ethiopia 🇪🇹
• Addis Ababa is the third-highest capital in the World, sitting at 8000 feet.
• Italy 🇮🇹 attempted to invade Ethiopia 🇪🇹 twice but was defeated both times.
• Ethiopia 🇪🇹 has their own indigenous written alphabets.
• Addis Ababa Mercato is the largest open-air market in Africa.
•Ethiopia was established around 980 BC and is one of the oldest countries on Earth.
• Camels and Donkeys were first domesticated in Ethiopia 🇪🇹
• Ethiopians celebrate new year on September 11.
• The Name Ethiopia comes from the Greek word “aitho” and “ops” which put together means “burnt face” and this is how the Ancient Greeks referred to the dark-skinned people of East Africa.
• Ethiopian Emperor Menelik II was the first African to drive a car in 1907.
• More than 70% of Africa’s mountains are found in Ethiopia 🇪🇹 that’s why sometimes Ethiopia is referred to as the *ROOF OF AFRICA *
• Ethiopia 🇪🇹 was the first African Nation to join the League of Nations.
• Ethiopia 🇪🇹 became the first country in Africa and the second in the World to own and operate a Boeing 787 Dreamliner, owned and managed by Ethiopian Airlines on August 12, 2012.
Categories: NEWS AND ENTERTAINMENT