HOW TO SURVIVE A TERRORIST ATTACK
I was listening to radio yesterday morning and one survivor who also happens to be a journalist narrated how she survived the Dusit attack, thanks to the training she attend. The training was offered by Safaricom after Westgate attack.
She said that:-
1) If you hear a gun shot know that you are still alive.
2) Get down as fast as you can and move very fast while in that position.
3) Never go to the ground floor and never go to the top floor. The terrorist’s always want to secure both of those floors so that nobody comes in and nobody goes out.
4) Hide somewhere in the middle floors, lock the door, and put your phone on silent.
5) While you wait for help, note the following:-
i) The terrorists will knock the door.
ii) But the government rescue teams will bang the door inside.
6) A normal robber is always also scared for his life so you can cooperate with whatever they tell you to do so that they can leave you alive. A terrorist’s main aim is to kill you so if you meet them fight them with anything you can.
7) The closer you are to the terrorists while fighting the harder it will be for them to shoot. They are mostly trained to shoot far objects and for them to aim at something that is near and moving/fighting will be hard.
8) Your aim while fighting is to liberate yourself so try as much as you can to disarm them or push them away and use the earliest opportunity to run while taking cover behind cars, trees, walls etc.
Categories: NEWS AND ENTERTAINMENT