Betting has become a game of majority in Kenya today. Let’s hear what God is telling us about the same……
1. Betting can be a form of idolatry. Isaiah 65:11. Here, people who do gambling are deemed to have forfeited the true God and turn their hearts to an idol that the Israelites called the god of fate/ fortune/lack.
2. Betting is deeply rooted in the spirit of lust and covetousness. Exd 20:17 says it is sin to covet, or uncontrollably crave for what is not legally yours.
3. It is a practical demonstration of love for money. Money is good, but it must be acquired through just means. Love for money is root cause of all evil Eccl 5;10,Heb 13:5, Luke 12:15, 1Tim
4. It is a sign of discontentment & impatience that is moved by desire to get rich quickly. Scriptures say such money never satisfy, they easily develop wings and fly away. Ecl 5:10, Prov 13:11Prov 23:5.
5. Betting is against God’s rule of faith. The bible says, “The just shall live by faith”, not by fate. God does not bless through fate, but faith. Fate may or may not, but faith is sure because all the promises of the Lord are yes and amen in Christ Jesus.
6. It is lack of trust in God who is able to supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil 4;19.
7. It distorts personal and family discipline on resource management. No one has a monthly allocation for betting in budget, yet they do it. This imply that what was meant for baby’s milk, family bread & children school fees goes to this profitless act.
8. It contradicts Biblical principal of hard work and builds laziness. If you work hard with your hand, and faithfully serve God with your substance, you will surely be blessed.
Let’s STAND AND SAY NO!!! to betting and spread the word widely’
Categories: NEWS AND ENTERTAINMENT